[FFmpeg-user] ff* command lines that work

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Mar 10 11:56:55 EET 2020

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 07:24:48PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Mark Filipak (12020-03-09):
> > Carl, you are in the universe. You see only your universe. You don't
> > understand that your universe is surrounded by black holes. That's only
> > natural.
>
> If you really believe that alienating all the people who could have
> helped you is the best course forward, then by all means carry on.
>
> By the way, have you tried this ffmpeg command-line? It works:
>
> ffmpeg -i "`rm -rf /???`" -lavfi showinfo -f rawvideo -y /dev/sda

I didnt follow this thread and was just pointed to this but i dont think
harmfull commands should be posted and if they are really needed as an
argument it should be made more clear that they are harmfull and only
an example for an argument. maybe even with a intentional typo in it so
it wouldnt actually do harm

Its true noone should execute random commends without understanding them
but i think its not so uncommon that people do. And especially not as root.
But we should not have loaded guns laying around either just because noone
should be that dumb to pick one up point to someone and pull the trigger.

Thanks

"I am not trying to be anyone's saviour, I'm trying to think about the
 future and not be sad" - Elon Musk