[FFmpeg-user] I want to use FFmpeg in commercial product. Who do I need to contact?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Mar 11 18:13:24 EET 2020

On 3/11/2020 9:06 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> They sued because no source code was provided, the question was if
> you are allowed to charge money for providing a binary of free software.

IIRC, the issue of charging for the s/w was discussed in those suits (which
weighed on the award of money damages), but yes, you can charge for GPL
software if you follow the license terms. And the terms really aren't that
difficult to understand, that is if you actually read them.

z!
(who occasionally has to do a tap-dance on an employer/client to be compliant)