[FFmpeg-user] Problem with pixel format and/or missing constant

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Wed Mar 11 21:50:29 EET 2020

Am 11.03.20 um 20:13 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> To elaborate:
> The main differences are:
> Unified support for >8 bit
> Monochrome encoding
> XAVC encoding
>
> The first is really useful but only if you need 10 bit support,
> the others should have less relevance.
>
> x264 development has slowed down over time since the
> encoder already was the best-in-class.

Thanks for your appraisal. So I think I can live with the 152 version.

But maybe that's the reason for this Problem:
https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/video-ruckelt-mit-totem-nicht-aber-mit-vlc

Is it thinkable that libx264 could encode with constrained_baseline
profile some day? Currently it only can decode it.

John's version is:
[libx264 @ 0x769d500] 264 - core 159 r2991 1771b55 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
codec - Copyleft 2003-2019 - http://www.videolan.org/x264.html

-Ulf