[FFmpeg-user] make-mingwlibs.bat failed

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:09:35 EET 2020

Am Sa., 14. März 2020 um 02:14 Uhr schrieb <marsaries.hsu at gmail.com>:

> I download the Kodi project from GitHub and follow the steps stated in
> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.Windows.md,
> I want to build kodi to uwp arm 32bit program, so in step4 Set up the build
> environment, I change directory to
> %userprofile%\kodi\tools\buildsteps\windows\arm-uwp,
> And run download-dependencies.bat, download-msys2.bat succeed, but
> make-mingwlibs.bat failed!
>
> I have visual studio 2019 previes 16.5 intalled, I send the log for
> make-mingwlibs.bat with this e-mail, hope help you to determine the problem
> and give me a suggestion to do.

This is not kodi-users and we do not support build scripts except our
own configure script.
That being said, I only compile with wsl on Windows which reduces
build time by a large factor. I added a global environment variable
"WSLENV" with content "LIB:INCLUDE", so whenever I start the
msvc compilation shell and start "wsl" there, I don't have to care
about the include and library paths anymore, including after a
compiler update.
The problem in your example is that LIB seems not set correctly.

Carl Eugen