[FFmpeg-user] "Non-monotonous DTS in output stream" error, previous and current values are equal

Crazy Red Elephant crazyredelephant at protonmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:02:17 EET 2020

> Are they actually disruptive, or could you just keep the original stream as is, knowing 1 out of 120 frames or something will be dropped when playing back?

To me, yes. I know some other users also reported something about playback issues numerous times but the stream provider doesn't seem to care.

I think I mentioned before that remuxing the video with MKVToolNix and the "generate timestamps" option checked kinda solves the problem but I'm not sure if the video and audio streams are synced after that... Also that produces an .mkv while I need .mp4