[FFmpeg-user] Using convolution files with ffmpeg

Ran Perry ranperry at rogers.com
Sun Mar 22 23:39:21 EET 2020

Hello,
I currently use MPD (https://www.musicpd.org/) to play music. MPD can use ffmpeg to decode the audio coming in (local or cloud). Since ffmpeg can handle convolution files in wav format, I was looking for a way to "pass" these files to ffmpeg. I would like to implement the following scenario:
1. Have one convolution file per sampling rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88,2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz)2. Store the convolution files locally to ffmpeg3. When ffmpeg is used, it will use the convolution file that matches with the incoming file's sampling rate
I want this to work as a global setting without the need to do it manually for every audio file. I know that minimserver has implemented this but it is a closed source project.
Any ideas?
Many thanks!
Ran