[FFmpeg-user] Mkv to HLS

Gustavo Trigueiros gustavo_trigueiros at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:05:48 EET 2020

Hi, i´m new to ffmpeg and i have a question on how to convert an mkv file to hls (packets) ?

I have a mkv containing
a) Video in mp4 format (encoded with h264). 29.970 fps
b) 2 or more audio tracks (encoded as mp3 format)
c) 2 or more subtitles (built with srt or WebVTT format)

I would like to create a playlist in m3u8 containing several small pieces of .ts file that can allow me to stream the video and all it´s multiple audio and multiple subtitles. And all of the different audio and suubtitles mus be stored on their own directories

I tried to follow the commands here : https://kipalog.com/posts/FFMPEG-HLS-ST ... -SUBTITLES<https://kipalog.com/posts/FFMPEG-HLS-STREAM-MULTIPLE-AUDIO-SUBTITLES>
and here: https://www.martin-riedl.de/2018/08/

But i didn´t succeed to make it work.

Can someone help me doing this ? The goal is use a mkv containing the one video and multiple audio and subtitles on the specified formats to be streamed after i upload them on my server.

Thnks in advance
Guga