[FFmpeg-user] telecine pattern 5555

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 11:01:06 EEST 2020

UPDATE

Apparently 'ffmpeg -i IN -f ????? OUT' is not correct. Apparently '-f' is a switch for forcing
container formats (usually not needed as file extensions are normally used to set this).

Here's a filter description I found in '5.4 Main options' of the documentation:

-filter[:stream_specifier] filtergraph (output,per-stream)

Regarding 'telecine pattern 5555', is 'telecine' a filtergraph?

Regarding '[:stream_specifier]', do the brackets, [], denote an optional argument (as is usual in
documentation) or are the brackets literal? (Note that I've seen literal brackets in filter_complex
command lines.)

Why are there no clarifying examples in the documentation?

Why is ffmpeg making things so difficult to use it?