[FFmpeg-user] Captured Audio Stream and Video Streams from YouTube Live are out of Sync

Jim Ruxton jim.ruxton at gmail.com
Sat May 9 10:14:23 EEST 2020

I am trying to retrieve a YoutubeLive stream and send the video stream
to a video loopback device and the audio to my souncard. This works
however it appears that the audio is delayed by a second or so. Is there
a better way to do this so they aren't out of sync or failing that is
there a way to set a delay on the video stream to compensate? Below is
my command. I am using the Sky News You Tube Live as a test signal. I am
on Ubuntu 19.10 .

ffmpeg -re -i $(youtube-dl -g -f 96
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE)  -f v4l2 /dev/video2 -f
alsa default