[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg single threaded bottleneck

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:43:21 EEST 2020

Hi,

Some values don't look right, try getting rid of them.
-thread_queue_size 9999 seems arbitrary, it is queue length, not bytes
-indexmem 9999 seems arbitrary, pretty sure default value is bigger
-rtbufsize 2147.48M is kind of abusive, especially for the audio inputs

I don't think you should be trying to buffer more, if the buffer keeps growing then it won't last.

I can't really tell what the dshow input mapping looks like, but I think this is about the limit of your system.
With a 6800K, assuming the GPU is full sized,  are there enough lanes left for 3 additional capture cards?
Using the hardware encoder for so many streams at once might also have to do with it, you could try saving
the raw input to fast enough scratch disk to check for that quickly.

Regards,
Ted Park