[FFmpeg-user] Newbie needs help on capture video/audio using ffmpeg on RPI

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu May 14 18:51:40 EEST 2020

On 5/14/2020 7:56 AM, Ram Shaffir wrote:
> Hmm... any suggestions on how to make it work? A different HW between the
> GoPro and the PI that does most of the encoding?
You will need to do some more research on your own. May be that a different
camera, or a different re-coding platform, is needed to fit requirements.
And what are those requirements? Are they sensible for the application? For
instance, 60FPS is not needed for most uses. Do you really need HD? We can't
answer that, nor provide much advice about hardware selection.

Added for the last reply--
If you can't change the camera, and can't change it's settings (can you?),
then you'll have to find a more powerful computer or change the
workflow/parameters. (Is there a reason not to capture in the GoPro and
collect the video later?)

Please remember that this list is about the ffmpeg software, it's not a
general video processing list.

z!