[FFmpeg-user] dshow video source in FFplay

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sun Nov 1 12:03:29 EET 2020

Hello,

I'm using a cheap HDMI to USB converter for video input. The converter
supports different sizes and framerates and two different video codecs.
This command line works as expected:

ffplay -f dshow -video_size 1920x1080 -framerate 30 -vcodec mjpeg
video="USB Video"

However for my application I need two input streams, and because FFplay
doesn't allow filter_complex, I have to use the workaround with a
"movie" source inside "-lavfi". The second input will be added later.
This command line does also work as expected:

ffplay -f lavfi movie=filename="USB Video":f=dshow:s=dv

When I use the "movie" source, how can I specify size, framerate and
codec? The movie source doesn't have these options.

Michael