[FFmpeg-user] Slide show with transition

RAPPAZ Francois francois.rappaz at unifr.ch
Wed Nov 18 10:50:07 EET 2020

>> I have 15 JPEG file to be used for a slide (duration: 135 sec): Each image is display 9 seconds and without transition the mkv file is ok.
>> I tried this for a transition 1 second long
>>
>> ffmpeg -y -framerate 1/9 -i %%02d.JPG -i SligoAir_WhiteBlanket.mp3 ^
>> -vf
>> zoompan=d=9:fps=1,framerate=fps=15:interp_start=0:interp_end=255:scene
>> =100 ^ -r 15 -vsync vfr -pix_fmt yuv420p output.mkv
>>
>> The transition is ok for the first 3 image then the slide jump to image at position 10 and that picture remains blocked...
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>
>this works for me:
>
>rem  make 15 test images
>
>ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc2=size=vga:duration=15:rate=1 -y test%%2d.jpg
>rem  make slideshow, each image is shown 9 sec + 1 sec crossfade
>
>ffmpeg -i test%%02d.jpg -vf
>zoompan=d=10:fps=1,framerate=fps=25:interp_start=0:interp_end=255:scene=100
>out.mp4
>Michael

My images files are 01.JPG, 02.JPG ... 10.JPG upto 15.JPG
I wonder if " -i %%02d.JPG " is realy working or is correct. I still have a jump to 10.JPG after 03.JPG
You can access my files here if you have the time
https://drive.switch.ch/index.php/s/DbAVwtai3mOT43j

Moreover I compared mp4 file made on Ubuntu and displayed ok with the default video viewer or with vlc, where on Windows there are jumps between images with the default viewer and no images at all with vlc.
Mkv output made on windows is displayed correctly on Windows with the default viewer but does not work on Linux.

François