[FFmpeg-user] emerge has unconnected output? Works on FFMPEG 4, not 3

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Nov 23 22:48:11 EET 2020

(Please don't top-post on this list)

On 11/23/2020 12:42 PM, Karl Messner wrote:
> I'm hosting on HostUpon, that's what they have. Is there a more
> up-to-date cheap hosting platform with ffmpeg?
They ought to update themselves....

Do you need to run on a hosting platform at all? ffmpeg runs on a lot of
systems; most people run it on their own local boxes.

If you can copy files to/from HostUpon, you should be able to copy over a
static build and use that- it doesn't require any special permissions to run.

I don't know of -any- hosting platforms that explicitly provide ffmpeg, but
I expect any that sell linux would have it.

Later,

z!