[FFmpeg-user] asubboost and asupercut

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sat Nov 28 00:40:20 EET 2020

Am 27.11.2020 um 23:27 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:20 PM Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 27.11.2020 um 22:47 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
>>> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 10:40 PM Michael Koch <
>> astroelectronic at t-online.de>

>> filter
>> unclear.
>> it's

>> frequency
>> sets

>>> Make sure you run it inside power shell or cmd.exe and make sure you
>> tried
>>> mpv.com too.
>> Now with mpv.com it works. But the version doesn't yet have the
>> asubboost filter. With other filters it works.
>>
> Download the latest release version of mpv. Also note that asubbost is not
> a simple IIR filter
> and thus it can not really show its response.

That's clear. If the filter has a delay line, then a simple frequency
response makes no sense.

It would really help if you could draw a block diagram for asubboost.
That would be much easier to understand than a description with words.

Michael

   ASTRO ELECTRONIC   Dipl.-Ing. Michael Koch
        Raabestr. 43   37412 Herzberg
           www.astro-electronic.de
   Tel. +49 5521 854265   Fax +49 5521 854266