[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: Re: ffprobe/ffplay ERROR :: Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 unspecified pixel format,

Matthias Opitz matthias at opitz-web.de
Sun Oct 25 08:05:51 EET 2020

Betreff: 	Re: [FFmpeg-user] ffprobe/ffplay ERROR :: Could not find codec
parameters for stream 0 unspecified pixel format,
Datum: 	Wed, 21 Oct 2020 13:06:01 +0200
Von: 	Matthias Opitz <matthias at opitz-web.de>
An: 	Edward Park <kumowoon1025 at gmail.com>, ffmpeg-devel-request at ffmpeg.org

Hi Ted

I did install version 4.3.1 on Linux MINT:

ffprobe version 4.3.1 Copyright (c) 2007-2020 the FFmpeg developers
   built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)
   configuration: --disable-x86asm

I still got the same error. The mp4 files do not run anywhere. W10,
Linux does not matter which tool media player, VLC. The the mp4 from the
same device which were capture some month ago did not had that issues.

Matthias

Am 21.10.2020 um 10:29 schrieb Edward Park:
> Hi,
>
>> I have a set of mp4 files, which can`t be handled via ffplay/ffprobe.
> Try a recent version, you can easily download static builds
> <https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html#build-linux> if you don’t want
> to compile on your own, package manager stable version is usually
> years old, I think because of the standard of vulnerability testing
> required. Or you could get the testing/unstable distro version, but if
> you don’t have the sources added it’s extra steps and even the latest
> release is usually a few months old. And can you confirm that the
> files work with different programs?
>
>> I did attach the complete log files
>
> Just an fyi, usually helps if you just copy paste into the body of the
> email instead of attaching log files if you can.
>
> Regards,
> Ted Park

Matthias Opitz
Alte Bergstr. 52