[FFmpeg-user] repair black frames?

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Sun Oct 25 17:23:20 EET 2020

Greetings all,

I have just noticed that some of my video recordings have a few random
black frames in them. These will be spaced out a few minutes, don't seem to
have any obvious cause (though my recording system is a little Heath
Robinson / Rube Goldberg, so I have some ideas)

Anyway, the thought occurred to me that rather than watching, never
blinking, all the material, and looking for this "manually", ffmpeg might
be able to help.

The solution I have in mind would probably be something that recognizes a
black frame (I *think* it's "pure" black, but I don't have numbers) and
replaces it with the immediately preceding or following frame).

Does such a filter exist, or could such behavior be tied together out of
the features that ffmpeg has?

Cheers,
Simon

--