[FFmpeg-user] Struggling to convert mp4 to HLS with Constant Bit Rate and Constant Frame Rate

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 13:13:38 EET 2020

Am Fr., 30. Okt. 2020 um 20:15 Uhr schrieb John Harlow via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> I am trying to re-encode a set of mp4 files (a mix of 1080p and 720p, all at
> 30FPS) to HLS with constant bit and frame rates.

Do you know what constant bit rate means?

The reason I ask is that you do not explain what is wrong with your output files
and that constant bit rate does not mean constant frame size.

Please test current FFmpeg git head - the only version supported here - and
provide the command line you tested together with the complete, uncut
console output if you need support.

fps=29.97 is always wrong and 30fps (as stated above) != 30000/1001 (which
you may have meant with 29.97)

Carl Eugen