[FFmpeg-user] "interlace"

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 22:59:34 EEST 2020

On 09/06/2020 03:32 PM, Bouke wrote:

>> On 06 Sep 2020, at 21:26, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Conclusion: Employing the past participle, "interlaced", to a field-based video stream is just plain wrong.
>
> Can you just shut up / stop spreading nonsense?

How is it nonsense? The present participle, "interlaced", is being misapplied by people who exhibit
poor language usage and it's unfortunately caught on. ffmpeg is unintentionally helping to spread
the misapplication.

This controversy and prejudice in favor of poor usage is why I recommend that "interlace" be retired
in favor of "interleave".