[FFmpeg-user] Pixel format: default and filter?

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:40:09 EEST 2020

Hi,

> How can I determine the pixel formats that ffmpeg has chosen for the filters' input and output pads?

I'm not sure "chosen" is the best way to describe it, but inserting the showinfo filter will print the format of each frame at that point in the filterchain. But as format conversions are done automatically as needed, and you probably want to know which format it is throughout the filtering, you can see the info by inserting graphmonitor=f=format. (But this outputs as the video stream, so you may want to add a split filter, add the graphmonitor filter to one split and display it, and do what you were planning to with the other.

Regards,
Ted Park