[FFmpeg-user] how to convert *.cin into *.avi?

peter.lysyansky at gmail.com peter.lysyansky at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:26:55 EEST 2020

Hi Jim.

Thanks for the quick response.

I recently met a syn format when processing scan data from a SonoTouch ultrasound scanner that exports cine files in cin format.

The CIN file is a Kodak Cineon Image- see:

https://www.filedesc.com/en/file/cin#:~:text=Cineon%20was%20a%20computer%20system%2C%20augmented%20by%20film,3%20per%2032-bit%20word%2C%20with%20two%20bits%20unused.

I tried to convert the exported video "usimage200001010021041935.cin" to avi format.

The FFmpeg command:

>ffmpeg -i usimage200001010021041935.cin usimage200001010021041935.avi

And the result is:

"usimage200001010021041935.cin: Invalid data found when processing input"