[FFmpeg-user] bwdif filter question

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Mon Sep 21 15:11:59 EEST 2020

On 09/21/2020 03:33 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Am 21.09.2020 um 01:56 schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <markfilipak at bog.us>:
>>
>> How can it 'deinterlace' a single field?
>
> It can’t and that is what I explained several times in my last two mails.

Here is what you wrote:
"The following makes little sense, it is just meant as an example:
$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc2,field -vf bwdif -f null -"

That "explains" nothing. Worse, it seems crass and sarcastic. The perfect word is "snarky". Do you
know that word? It's a word invented by the man who wrote "Alice In Wonderland". Sometimes it seems
that what you write is meant to pull people down a psychedelic rabbit hole and into a fantasy world.

Just because something is possible with ffmpeg, if it doesn't make sense to do it, don't mention it.
If you do mention it and you write that it makes "little sense", then explain why it makes little sense.

In this case, it doesn't make "little sense". It makes *no* sense.