[FFmpeg-user] MPEG-PS

Peter peter at aboutsupport.com
Sun Sep 27 10:20:16 EEST 2020

Hi,

 > what is "absolute timestamp", a security cam's time timecode burned into
 > video ? pts ?

You are very good at guessing.  It is security cam time code. It is
burned somewhere in the meta info, because their windows desktop player
gives timing like this:

2020/09/27 11:33:24

while other players give:

00:00:11 i.e relative time from the beginning.

The only vague information I found is:

https://dmeforensics.com/analysis-of-hikvision-date-time/

So I am trying to find a way to get this extra information about the
absolute epoch/date time timestamp :-)

Thanks :-)

Peter