[FFmpeg-user] Unable to reencode corrupt video file

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Sep 28 03:39:33 EEST 2020

On 9/27/2020 10:44 AM, Schampignon Cristobal via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> [mxf @ 0000018fbf7f9000] could not resolve source track sequence strong ref
> [mxf @ 0000018fbf7f9000] broken or empty index
> [mxf @ 0000018fbf7f9000] error getting stream index 4294967295
> [mxf @ 0000018fbf7f9000] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: mpeg2video, none(tv, top first), 1920x1088): unspecified pixel format
> Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

Have you tried including those values?  I've had some success on damage
files with rather long analyzeduration and probesize options, see the doc
for details.

Not that I think it will make a difference, but it's always good to try the
latest ffmpeg available (at all, not just packaged for your platform).

Also, "copy" does not re-encode but it should re-mux.

z!