[FFmpeg-user] How to dynamically drop frames as required to keep transcoding real time?

Adrian Cable adrian.cable at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 05:33:50 EEST 2021

Mark – yes – you’re understanding exactly right! I was thinking specifically of the encoder ‘throttle’ being a frame rate control, but other forms of quality control that could be self-adjusted by the encoder to keep up with the input would also work for me.

I did look through the history here but couldn’t find anything quite applicable. I do appreciate you taking the time to understand my issue! Hopefully someone who has direct experience of how to achieve this will read this as a result and be able to help.

-Adrian