[FFmpeg-user] Converting wma to mp3, avoiding joint stereo

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 17:27:11 EEST 2021

Right,  FM mono (since FM stereo came out) is L+R, then if you can
manage stereo reception the second channel is L-R.  I set up a car
stereo once with 8 switches, you could switch each (of 4) speakers
from left to right, you could also flip the phase of each.
Interesting experiment but I quickly found my favorite and left it
that way.  Something like front LR but rear RL I think.

MPEG 1.0 L III vbr 44100 stereo
mpg123 no longer says joint stereo, so I'll change my batch scripts
and re-run my conversions.  I just listened to a fixed piano piece
(with headphones) that must have had 2 mics on the piano, one at the
bass end and one at the treble.  Classical, think 2 mics in an open
grand piano.

Thank you.