[FFmpeg-user] How do I determine quantization of an mp4 file?

Tobias Rapp t.rapp at noa-archive.com
Thu Apr 29 10:21:52 EEST 2021

On 27.04.2021 20:38, David Niklas wrote:
> Hello,
> If I ffprobe an mp4 file I can see things like its bitrate and its
> resolution. But, I can't find what the quantization of the video is.
>
> How can I determine that?

You can take a look at the pixel format (pix_fmt) value of the video
stream. To map the pixel format into bits-per-pixel use the table
printed by "ffprobe -pix_fmts". Or for more information about the pixel
formats including the bit-depth per components use "ffprobe
-show_pixel_formats -print_format json".

Regards,
Tobias