[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg hardware acceleration unsupported formats betwen transpose and auto_scaler_0

Eduard-Gabriel Poesina eduard_poe2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 15:15:39 EEST 2021

Greetings!

    I am trying to develop a transoding service which makes use of nvidia hardware acceleration capabilities ( The gpu used in this process is a Tesla T4); I want to generate a mpeg-dash playlist for my video so that i can stream it;
```
    ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuda -hwaccel_output_format cuda -i mobil1.mp4 -c:v h264_nvenc -c:a aac  \
    -map v:0 -b:v:0 1000k -maxrate:0 1500k -bufsize:0 2500k -filter:v:0 "scale_npp=1920:1080:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease" -map 0:a -b:a 128k \
    -f dash dash.mpd
```
But when mobile videos are uploaded ( which have rotation metadata ) I encounter the following error:

```
Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'transpose' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
```

How can i solve this issue? I am using the following docker image:
jrottenberg/ffmpeg:4.4-nvidia

Kind regards,
Eduard