[FFmpeg-user] Why FFMPEG?

Android PowerUser tschikruma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:26:39 EEST 2021

I think if a libaom on the smartphone is not too slow then VVC either.
Simply -cpu-used 8 and it's 15 times faster with only a 2% loss of storage
efficiency.  With 10 times the complexity, one expects 40% more storage
efficiency.  That without cpu-used 8 is like placebo with AVC or HEVC.  But
with it works.  The 2011 PC probably cost more than I've ever spent on
smartphones.  I even think that because more and more projects, for example
on github, start immediately as Android and / or iOS projects and PCs lose
relevance faster and faster, people who compulsively rely on PCs probably
rely on a medium that will no longer be relevant in maybe 15 years and  the
people who still bet on it then fall off the back.  And nothing is worse
and more ridiculous than conversational computer hobbyists.