[FFmpeg-user] Why FFMPEG?

Android PowerUser tschikruma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 04:54:32 EEST 2021

Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> schrieb am Mo., 16. Aug. 2021, 03:15:

> >(rendering an hour of HD video
> on a PHONE is just stupid).
>
> Yes, that's really annoying when it runs in the background and doesn't
bother you ...
 The question was actually why FFMPEG.  Why FFMPEG if I prefer to do it
right and I have to download all the modern codecs individually from github
and some associated programs to make it work.  And FFMPEG can ever catch up
with this question, too.  Because by the time the codecs are integrated,
there will be new ones on the market.  Maybe new codecs will come out
faster and faster.  Maybe it was never like that before ... Ich finde es
schade. FFMPEG war für mich super einfach zu benutzen. Einfach ein paar
Kommandos die man sogar einfach aus dem netz abschreiben könnte und fertig.

You are right, there is really no other way than on the desktop.  But maybe
I can still stay true to Android by putting Linux on my mobile phone.  So
of course only until the PCs have recaptured the users.😁