[FFmpeg-user] How to download video stream starting at an earlier time?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:57:09 EEST 2021

Is it possible to download a live video stream on youtube using ffmpeg such that
it starts *earlier* than current time and lasts for a set time?

If I use a browser I can start the viewing at an earlier time by two ways:
1) I open the video URL and then I drag the right side of the progress bar left

2) I modify the video URL by adding ?t=3600 to the end and it will start playing
1 hour from the start of the stream.

Example:
I would like to be able to download a playing live stream section starting at
3650 seconds from the start and lasting for 600 seconds in mp4 format.

What would the ffmpeg command to accomplish this look like?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden