[FFmpeg-user] How to download video stream starting at an earlier time?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:37:38 EEST 2021

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:16:05 +0100, Rob Hallam <ffmpeg at roberthallam.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:08:37 +0100, Rob Hallam <ffmpeg at
>roberthallam.com> wrote:
>
>> Please see my other reply to your other message- ffmpeg does not (to
>> my knowledge) operate on web pages, as opposed to multimedia files.
>
>http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2021-July/053200.html
>
>Your later replies indicated you started using youtube-dl.

Well, that was a different problem relating to how I can check if a stream URL
has stalled or disappeared. That was resolved and I have the necessary script
that checks this regularly.

What I am looking for now is a way to record from a 24/7 12 hour long stream at
an earlier time than right now.

Streamlink could do that until Youtube changed "something" in its protocol that
stopped that functionality.

I just mentioned webbrowsers because these are able to rewind to earlier times
when viewing these streams. So I thought there could be a way for ffmpg to also
rewind the start time to an earlier point.

But I am looking for a scripted solution that can be executed from the Linux
command line...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden