[FFmpeg-user] Disable ?UUID? randomnness ?

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Sat Dec 4 03:47:58 EET 2021

Hi

I am trying to set up ffmpeg to convert media file, mostly container format,
e.g.: mp4/avi to mkv or the like (no reencoding).

I notice that the same ffmpeg run creates binary different files
every time it is run (on the same input). I would like the output file
to be reproduceable the same. What i see is that UUIDs for tracks for example
are randomnly generated.

I found in documenttion --disable-random, but no ffmpeg build i can find
seem to have this option.

Whats the suggested option to disable this randomnness (or see it predictably) ?

Thanks!
    Toerless