[FFmpeg-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: GitHub and Releases

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Dec 15 21:00:25 EET 2021

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 16:44:13 +0000, Bryce Newman wrote:

> I am waiting on a patch
> https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/DM6PR08MB60732B5D77656C74C8491C4F85749@DM6PR08MB6073.namprd08.prod.outlook.com/
> too be approved and it may not be approved/merged into 4.4.2, etc
> anytime soon,

I don't see that this is likely to be merged (i.e. backported) into
4.4.2. New features only go into the development branch, which will
then become 4.5 or whatever is next there.

> so I need to compile against what is a known working version of
> ffmpeg and external libs used in
> https://github.com/jrottenberg/ffmpeg/blob/main/docker-images/4.4/ubuntu2004/Dockerfile.

If ffmpeg 4.4.1 compiles againt those libs, so will ffmpeg git master
HEAD.

You can probably just replace
https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-${FFMPEG_VERSION}.tar.bz2
with a link to the snapshot:
https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2

And even apply your patch right after unpacking this.

Cheers,
Moritz