[FFmpeg-user] Getting m3u8 URL from SVTPlay channels?

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 01:04:33 EET 2021

Hi All,

just browsing through after answering the question posed: "is there a
way..."

the short answer is no.

not picking on you Moritz just hi-jacking

There is no stream; no stream url; the broadcaster runs the player to
order for each user; that creates a url which is not a url.

You could trigger the player and then use ffmpeg to record the ensuing
stream but you will miss the start.

Finding the file and downloading it is the obvious solution.

Anything that works is OK. On the command line RegEx works. Who needs
delicate?

I like; make a list; grind off any burrs; pick the one(s) you want;
extract in some usable format; place somewhere convenient.

I vote youtube-dl. It does what it says and it runs on Ubuntu. That said
the other program yt-dlp may be better.

Bo should be downloading by now.

lunchtime!

Nice warm day