[FFmpeg-user] Getting m3u8 URL from SVTPlay channels?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 09:26:34 EET 2021

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 10:13:14 +0100, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>But yesterday I also wanted to download from the SVT_Play site and here the URL
>extractor does not work...

Thanks for all of your comments!

I am now on a Christmas trip and will pursue your suggestions when I get back
home later today.

Just to clarify some items:

1) I already have several of the tools mentioned (ytube-dl, yt-dlp, svtplay-dl
etc), but they did not manage to download the real-time streams from SVT.

2) My problem is not to download available programs, which have already been
broadcast - for this the above tools work.

3) The problem is that some broadcasts are not available after the fact (like
some sports events) and have to be "recorded" in real time off of the stream
itself.

This is why I wanted to create a PVR script to handle that. The script would be
called with a start time, duration and channel name (SVT has 4 different
channels) as well as an output file name. The scheduling would use the at
command to start the script at a specific time for unattended recording.

I will get to this later today and check your proposals.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden