[FFmpeg-user] [External] Re: FFmpeg 4.3.1 failing to build for x86_64

Vineeth, Surya Surya.Vineeth at Honeywell.com
Tue Feb 2 09:05:31 EET 2021

    1.  you are running what operating system? -  MacOS is the operating system where the build script is run. FFMPeg I am building for the iOS platform for both simulator(i386,x86_64) and device architectures. And for specific x86_64 , I am facing the error "Openssl not found" when the configure script is run

    2.  you have donloaded excatly what?- Downloaded Openssl package from https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.1.1i.tar.gz
    3.  you have it installed exactly how? ?- Downloaded Openssl package from https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.1.1i.tar.gz
    4.  did you really download and install the *devel* package - I have downloaded ffmpeg version 4.3.1 and trying to build with the above mentioned openssl version. The following configure command when run for X86_64 architecture is when the error is observed. All other architecture works fine with the same script.
		echo "configure"
		    TMPDIR=${TMPDIR/%\/} $CWD/$SOURCE/configure \
		        --target-os=darwin \
		        --arch=$ARCH \
		        --cc="$CC" \
		        $CONFIGURE_FLAGS \
		        --extra-cflags="$CFLAGS" \
		        --extra-cxxflags="$CXXFLAGS" \
		        --extra-ldflags="$LDFLAGS" \
		        --prefix="$THIN/$ARCH" \
		    || exit 1

On 02/02/21, 12:25 PM, "ffmpeg-user on behalf of Reindl Harald" <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org on behalf of h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

Regards,
Surya Vineeth

    Am 02.02.21 um 07:51 schrieb Vineeth, Surya via ffmpeg-user:
    > I have downloaded openssl package 1.1.1i and trying to build ffmpeg.
    >
    > On 02/02/21, 12:14 PM, "ffmpeg-user on behalf of Carl Zwanzig" <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org on behalf of cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:
    >
    >      On 2/1/2021 10:40 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
    >      > the mail you refered never made it to the list
    >
    >      I was just looking for that :), maybe the attached log was too big.
    >
    >      >> I am facing error while building ffmpeg for x66_64 architecture. The
    >      >> error says “ERROR: openssl not found”.
    >      Could be that you don't have the appropriate openssl dev package installed
    >      for x86_64. Or that it's in the wrong location. Or your configure line is
    >      pointing to the wrong location.
    >
    >      Without substantially more info, it's all guessing.
    hell, stop top-posting and that quoting style (no quoting at all,
    compare your message with mine)