[FFmpeg-user] [External] Re: FFmpeg 4.3.1 failing to build for x86_64

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Feb 2 19:54:55 EET 2021

Please learn what top-posting is and don't do that on this mailing list.

On 2/1/2021 11:28 PM, Vineeth, Surya via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> Yes I did build openssl. It built successfully for all the architectures.
> "i386 x86_64 armv7 armv7s arm64" .
Are all of the libraries appropriate for the target architecture and OS?
You'll need to explicitly confirm that. For example:

# file /usr/lib/libssl.so.7
/usr/lib/libssl.so.7: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1
(FreeBSD), dynamically linked, stripped
#

would not be appropriate for windoze or linux, even though it's built for
x86_64.

> However when building ffmpeg build script, the build fails for specific X86_64 architecture.

If configure can't find the libraries, either they're not in the right
place, configure is being told to look in the wrong place, or they're not
the right libraries for the target.

> Attached both openssl and ffmpeg build script for your reference.

Build scripts are not that useful here.

Since none of use have your environment, I think you need to examine where
configure is looking for the openssl files and see if they're present and
correct. Or if they're built somewhere else, add configure directions to
look for them there.

z!