[FFmpeg-user] "instead of complaining, submit a patch" [was: Re: minterpolate problem]

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Feb 2 20:05:19 EET 2021

On 2/2/2021 2:59 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> do you fucking idiot realize that i have *nothing* to do with the ffmpeg
> project? i'm an ordinar yffmoeg user like you

Then why are you arguing about the tools that other people use? If it gets
the job done, use it. Oh, have have you ever tried seriously using a VCS for
documentation? There's a reason most people don't, and it's not laziness-
pretty much all work processors and document prep software include their own
purpose-built change tracking and management, and that's what the industry uses.

> the difference between both of you is "only" that i am 43 years old and
> started programming computers with the age of 9

OK, mine's bigger. I've been programming professionally for longer than
you've been alive. (And all of that is completely irrelevant.)

z!