[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG with gnutls static build for Android

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 8 18:51:04 EET 2021

Am 08.02.21 um 17:47 schrieb Michael Wood:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build ffmpeg with gnutls as a static library, but the issue
> i'm seeing is when I link to the built ffmpeg libs in my project, that
> should build a final shared library, i'm getting undefined references to
> gnutls and its dependencies.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to proceed with this. I've expected that the
> final libs would have no external dependencies if they are built as static
> or am i missing something ?

yes you miss something, thats's only possible if the library is even
available as static library itself

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12237282/whats-the-difference-between-so-la-and-a-library-files/12237595

if there is only a .so it can be only linked dynamic and so you need a
static library version of *everything* you link against