[FFmpeg-user] "most insulting comment" [was: Re: Filter documentation -- PTSs]

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Mon Feb 15 02:19:26 EET 2021

On 2021-02-14 15:58, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am Mo., 15. Feb. 2021 um 00:50 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
> <markfilipak at bog.us>:
>
>> Perhaps someday we will be allowed to contribute.
> This is probably the most insulting comment I have ever seen here.
>
> Carl Eugen

Oh, my dear Carl, if you think that is the most insulting comment you
have ever seen here, then you must have missed several of the messages
which pass through this list each month. There have been several
comments recently which are _so_ much more insulting.

I realise the comment may sting. But a comment which reveals a painful
truth is different than an insulting comment. For more on the painful
truth, see for example the thread starting at
<https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2021-February/051686.html
<https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2021-February/051686.html>>.

Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt