[FFmpeg-user] converting raw stills to "raw" video

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:33:14 EET 2021

On Tue 16 Feb 2021 at 10:52, shawny <shawniere at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to find out if it is possible using ffmpeg to convert raw
> stills
> into "raw" or log video in order to be gradable as video.  This is to
> incorporate timelapse photography into my video projects.  I know this can
> be done using Adobe After Effects but I am trying to find a post path that
> uses Linux and open source software.

What format are your raw stills? They may have to be converted via
something like graphicsmagick/dcraw. Also what output format are you
looking for? Raw and log is a bit vague in terms of ffmpeg encoding options.

Generally, ffmpeg is really good at turning image sequences that it can
decode into video files of many formats.

Best,

Kieran