[FFmpeg-user] How can I force a 360kHz time base?

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Sat Feb 27 02:40:03 EET 2021

On 2021-02-26 19:06, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 1:01 AM Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <markfilipak at bog.us>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-02-26 18:49, Paul B Mahol wrote:
>>> This is math question, and does not belong here.
>>
>> Yes, it's a math question. I'm questioning how ffmpeg is doing math.
>>
>> By converting TB to periods with millisecond resolution, it limits
>> temporal resolution to 1 part in
>> 1000 parts no matter what the time base is. Attempting to increase
>> resolution by shifting to a
>> higher time base changes the number of bit of PTS but has no affect on
>> resolution. And it's
>> resolution (or lack thereof) that causes the problems that ffmpeg clearly
>> has.
>>

> FFmpeg have no such problem you want to put it on.
>
> Get troll and spread lies somewhere else.

What lies? What have I written that's not 100% true as shown by ffmpeg's own outputs?

> You are constantly being rude and try to badmouth ffmpeg on daily basis.

What rudeness? I have been courteous to you, always. What badmouthing? All I've done is point out
unnecessary loss of resolution that hasn't been disputed. Do you dispute it?

> Also you never provide any useful logs, or inputs.

I provided the showinfo input and output to you. What more do you need?

Are you over your head here, Paul? Let's work on the time base problems together. I'm sure that
would make everyone happier, including you, and including me.