[FFmpeg-user] Seeking smart decomb filter

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Wed Jan 20 03:42:02 EET 2021

Hello All,

I seek a decomb filter that operates on H/2 number of line pairs: lines i & i+1 (where i=0..H/2-1),
by aligning edges in the two lines at x = delta-x(edge)/2 (i.e. the median). The ideal filter would
differentiate overall motion due to panning versus local motion due to local object motion.

Pan-combing on the left & right edges is acceptable but it would be a great bonus if the filter
performed blend on those edges with the blending radius equal to one-half the pan-comb.

Vertical, line-pair-to-line-pair processing is not needed or desired.

Frame-to-frame processing is not needed or desired.

I have been trying a great number of filters based on their names and what is in the documentation.
The best I've found so far is pp=linblenddeint but it obviously doesn't align edges via the edge
median and it obviously isn't aware of pan-combing versus object-motion-combing.

Any suggestions are very welcome. If I find this filter I will post a link to a 60FPS telecined
video that will amaze everyone -- better than anything that Cuda can do.

-Mark.