[FFmpeg-user] Troublemaker in bugtracker

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:18:09 EET 2021

 On Monday, 25 January 2021, 22:34:35 GMT, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <markfilipak at bog.us> wrote:

> Your comments, Leo, are quite correct. However, there is no F*ing Manual. There is only man-style
> documentation that supplies usage reminders to those who are already familiar with ffmpeg and its > usage, but that doesn't help newcomers. I wish the reality was different, and I've volunteered to > help with documentation, but the developers have rebuffed me and everyone else who has similarly > volunteered.
Very much so. I may be one of the volunteers Mark is referring to.
In the end it's a very long term problem that exists with a lot of open source projects and I don't see a solution to it. When you have people who are determined to treat others with contempt and hostility as a matter of course, who reject even the most well-meaning offers of help with the most pressing issues, who almost seem to make a science out of deliberate, studied unpleasantness, something strange is going on.
More than annoying, it's weird. I've never once in my life encountered anything like this. It's completely unnecessary, completely self-destructive, and appears to gain nothing for anyone.