[FFmpeg-user] Next Release

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Jan 26 20:58:39 EET 2021

On 1/26/2021 10:23 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:12 PM Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:
>> Have to agree, pretty much _every_other_ opensource project* manages
>> x.y or x.y.z releases and _doesn't_ support (whatever that even means)
>> their git head or development branches.

> That is invalid statements from you. just add it to pile of others.

What is "invalid" there? linux does point releases, so does freebsd,
firefox, python, bind, glib, clang, etc. Find me a major opensource project,
other than ffmpeg, that tells people to use their development branch. If you
can't show I'm wrong about that, then I might be correct. But either way,
why are you fighting this concept?? At least Carl explains his position on
the matter.

If you're going to call anything "invalid", tell us why or your statement
will be worthless- that's basic rhetoric.

z!