[FFmpeg-user] Next Release

Wolfgang Hugemann auto at hugemann.de
Fri Jan 29 21:38:35 EET 2021

> why should they?
> there are enough distributions and compilers

Because the average user cannot compile code her-/himself. Especially on
Windows, it is not that easy to compile ffmpeg. (Well, I succeeded at last.)

I provide some scripts that perform regular tasks for image and video
processing for my colleagues (all engaged in vehicular accident
reconstruction), and most of them lament how complicated the task of
installing the needed tools is. (For the experienced user it's not, of
course.)

The average user seems to get confused quite easily. You may of course
postulate that the use of ffmpeg is not suitable for the faint of heart ;-)

Wolfgang Hugemann