[FFmpeg-user] Recording mjpg IP-Cam Stream via http

S. Helbig s.helbig at mailbox.org
Sun Jun 20 15:01:29 EEST 2021

Hello,

I've been trying to record an IP-cam stream (Foscam, mjpg) via http with
ffmpeg.

The stream URL looks like this:
http://192.168.1.123:456/videostream.cgi?user=USERNAME&pwd=PWD

So I created the string (w.o line wrap):
ffmpeg -i -loglevel debug
http://192.168.1.123:456/videostream.cgi?user=USERNAME&pwd=PWD
/media/USER/USB3/video.mp4

Some examples I saw are using -c copy and map 0 options as well but I
left this out since I defined source and destination clearly and this is
just a video, no audio.
segment_time and segment_format I also left out for now (I'd like
segments later though).

FFMPEG returns: "bash: /home/user/Videos/camera.mp4: No such file or
directory"

So I tried a random mjpg stream from the net (Insecam is a nice source
for this...): http://58.69.178.54:80/mjpg/video.mjpg

Leading to:
ffmpeg copy -i -loglevel debug -hide_banner
http://58.69.178.54:80/mjpg/video.mjpg /home/user/Videos/camera.mp4

Returns: -loglevel: "No such file or directory" (the same with segment
options included, copy excluded).

What am I doing wrong here?