[FFmpeg-user] How to build a custom FFmpeg which i can run from each location

Ugur Dundar adeeem.aga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:13:55 EET 2021

Hello,

I am starting to learn to build a custom FFmpeg version.
I want to build a custom FFmpeg Version with QSV, CUDA and VAAPI support.

For a own we based streaming software, i want to compile your own version.
I have a few basic questions about this. Which config settings do I have to
make:

- if the compiled FFmpeg should also be compatible with Ubuntu 18.04, 20.04
- the FFmpeg binary should be startable from all directories
- must be run on a third computers

Thanks in advance

Özgür