[FFmpeg-user] Decklink timestamp_align, what should it do?

Bouke bouke at editb.nl
Sun May 2 14:22:00 EEST 2021

> On 2 May 2021, at 13:10, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
> Bouke (12021-05-02):
>> Ok, but what is ' UTC modulo’ ?
>
> An incomplete formula. Like "UTC minus": UTC minus... what? UTC
> modulo... "UTC modulo timestamp_align", as a whole.

Well yes, I do know a little math.

BUT, it does not work.
Setting a timestamp_align of 6 seconds results in a start delay of just 6 seconds…
I’ll continue testing, but for the concept:

What I need is to compensate for the time it takes FFmpeg to start.
So, what I really need is:
	’start capture if time > x seconds since epoch’ (or something like that.)

Otherwise, what’s the use? What am I missing here?

Thx,
Bouke